Come out and celebrate America’s independence as the City of Marietta hosts the 2016 Fourth in the Park celebration beginning on Monday, July 4, 2016 at 10 am. The Independence Day celebration begins with the Marietta Freedom Parade that starts at Roswell Street Baptist Church and continues west on Roswell Street, then north on East Park Square past Glover Park, then down Cherokee Street, and ends at North Marietta Parkway.
The parade features marching units from local bands, civic organizations, beauty pageant queens, scouts, local businesses of all types, and much more. After the parade there will be free live concerts and entertainment, museum tours, food, arts and crafts, carnival games, and of course fireworks.
- 10 am – Marietta Freedom Parade
- 10 am – 9 pm – Festival
- Noon – J. Scott Tompson (Soul, Rock, Country)
- 2 pm – National Bell Ringing Ceremony
- 2:15 pm – Float Contest Awards
- 2:30 – 3:30 Atlanta Concert Band
- 7- 8:00 Presley Sullivan (Country)
- 8-9:30 – Zach Seabaugh (Country)
- Fireworks at Dark (around 9:30 pm)
Come see Georgia Dragonfly on Church Street near the First Baptist Church of Marietta.